Glorious Weekend

What is it about a long weekend that is so wonderful?

I don't work outside the home.
My life is a weekend.

There's just something about a long holiday weekend that changes everything.

It just may have something to do with the first weekend of college football!


Yes, it definitely does!

I can't even describe the intesitivity in our house all week long as we waited for the very first game.
Then a rain delay....
that lasted 3 hours....
until they finally called the game.
What a let down!


It all worked out because Mark had scheduled their 
Fantasy NFL Draft at the same time.
That's a whole other monumental time in my mens lives.
Who will end up with the best team?
My money is always on Josh.
He is a sports genius.

I'm a total failure as a blogger this weekend.
I had no gumption to take pictures.
My heart just wasn't in it.
Try and picture a bunch of junk food, a huge TV, and some happy men. That was my house this weekend.

I have to share with you a barbecue chicken 
recipe that you need to try.

My guys like thighs and legs but you can use what you want.
(I'm nice like that.)

The sauce is important. 
Go to the trouble and you will thank me later.

To a sauce pan add:
2 C bottled bbq sauce
1/2 C peach preserves
T chopped garlic

Heat till heated through and preserves are dissolved.

Season chicken with salt & pepper.
Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Now for the magic.
Brush the sauce on both sides.
Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
Brush the sauce (on the top only) again.
Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Do you see where this is going?
That deliciousness is making a glorious, sticky,
finger-lickin goodness.
One more time...
brush the sauce on.
If you raise the temperature on your oven,
you may enjoy getting a little burn on the edges.
It's up to you.
Make sure it's cooked through.
If you choose white meat,
it won't take as long.

This is my favorite bbq sauce.

One more happy thing for my weekend.
We got new neighbors.
We are no longer the newbies on the block.
I baked them some TollHouse cookies today.

You know what that means, don't cha?!
We have a dozen left over.

 Would you believe I got up to go take a picture
 of my beautiful Pottery Barn plate 
with cookies on it to share with you 
and my camera battery is dead?
True story.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you,
I woke up this morning to 65 degrees outside.
I grabbed my Bible, blanket and coffee 
and it was wonderful. Come on Fall.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Wendy! I've been looking for a good sauce for chicken. I will definitely try this! We're not into sports .. my guys hunt, fish and raise waterfowl.... I have to admit that I enjoy when they're off on one of their adventures... because I homeschool... alone time is not the usual in my day. I crave a few hours to myself once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete