Washington DC

I hit the ground running when I landed 
in Washington DC this week.

We stayed in the JW Marriott.
It's a block from the White House.
I love being right in the middle of everything.

Are you ready for a camera dump?
Most of these pictures will be recognizable.
See if you can guess them before your read 
their identification under each photo.



Washington Monument


White House


Dad at Arlington Cemetary.



Changing of the guard
at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.



Mt. Vernon



White House.
I gave up on waiting for those people to move 
so I could get a better photo.


Far away shot of The Capitol Building.

Did you know them all?
Mt. Vernon may have been tricky.
I have been wanting to see the home of George Washington 
and it did not disappoint. 
He was a land surveyor and through his job, 
he obtained some gorgeous property right on the Potomac.
This 200 year old home is beautiful but I'm grateful I didn't live my life back then. No indoor plumbing...thanks but no.

It was a fun trip.
I never tire from visiting Washington, D.C.
I enjoyed my first tour of the White House.
It wasn't as big as I thought it would be.
I'm glad I did the tour but I wouldn't care to do it again.
(unless you want me to go with you)

The best part of the trip was being able to 
spend some quality time with dad.
We walked our feet off and talked forever.
Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment