This World Is Not My Home


Driving home from church today,
I was humming an old song that I knew from Sunday School when I was a little girl.
The words say, "this world is not my home,
I'm just-a passin' through,
My troubles are laid up
somewhere beyond the blue..."
It goes on to say, "I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
(don't make fun...
it's an "oldie but a goodie")

I told Mark that it is so true.
Not for the reason that the song indicates
but because we haven't settled anywhere.
Albuquerque for a year and now we have been in Kansas for a year.

Nothing feels like home.
Renting a house has it's pros but over-all,
it just sucks.
It's not yours.
You can't knock a wall out and make it better.
You can't paint every single wall, 
which is what I would love to do.

The good news...

It's called Grace Church.
Yes! 
I believe we have settled on a church to attend.
I know, I know!
It took us long enough.
We tried tons of churches and just 
never found a place to call "home."
I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Count your blessings if you attend a church that you love.
There not as easy to come by
as you would think.

Hope you are having a fabulous day!




No comments:

Post a Comment