Dear Dad In DC

Hello all my sweet friends!
I hope you are having a wonderful day.

I got up early, early this morning (3 AM) to take my honey to the airport.
I was delirious tired and was thankful when I returned home and rested my head back on the pillow.

He flew to DC this morning and my dad was flying out to meet him to spend some quality time with each other. 
Actually, Mark has business there so Dad jumped on a plane
 to hang out with him during his "off" times. 
Sometimes, I think I am clear as mud 
but maybe you can figure it out.

I am meeting them in a couple days 
so I decided to get some things done around here before I left.
I mowed the yard and then burned a ton of sticks.
I don't know what the burning regulations are for this area 
so I was nervous but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
My motto has always been, 
"it's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

All is well and I didn't have to call the fire department, thank goodness.

Back to my dear, sweet, precious Dad.
He arrives in Washington but we couldn't get a hold of him.
He turns his phone off to save on the battery.
He keeps trying to call Mark but couldn't get through.
He knew he needed to meet Mark at the JW Marriott.
I'm worried, Mark is worried.
Hours go by.
Finally! We get word he's in the hotel.
Turns out, he thought since he was in DC that he needed to use that area code to call Mark's Florida based phone.

Does that just make you happy? 
I adore my Dad and I'm thankful 
that he finally agreed to carry a cell phone.

We'll get that area code thing figured out eventually.




Here they are enjoying a Nat's ballgame.

See you two in a couple days.
Don't do everything without me.
XXXOOXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment