Weekend in Daytona

It all began weeks ago,
it was Mother's Day weekend.

Mom picked me up from Jacksonville International Airport 
and we hightailed it to Daytona Beach.
There is no better place for us, 
love the sand, the wind, 
the sun and the beautiful blue water.

This was our view from our hotel room.



I think that's mom and Margaret 
cooling off out there. 


We stayed at the Hilton. 
The hotel was nice and accommodating, 
as is common with Hilton 
but they have a seafood buffet 
that is worth the trip.
You need to go.
I'm not a buffet girl at all...
but...
this one takes the cake.
AYCE king crab legs, shrimp, and everything else.
I don't remember the everything else 
because it was all about the crab legs for me.
Ok, the desserts were out of this world too. 
Cheese cake, carrot cake, chocolate strawberries...
I could go on and on.
If you are ever within 100 miles, 
put it on your list.
Tell them you forgot your coupon 
and I think it was about $30.
I'm not sure because this girl paid 
for the whole shebang.
Thank you Margaret!

I wish I would have taken pictures 
but I was trying not to be too conspicuous. 

Here's the truth and my 1 regret.
We stopped by the restaurant,
in our bathing attire.
Yes, we were looking lovely.
I just wanted to get the lowdown on the restaurant
because it came highly recommended.
I wanted to see it for myself.
The hostess was so kind.
She said,
"it's almost rush hour,
you should stay and beat the crowd."
I think seeing those gorgeous crab legs fuzzed up my thinking.

We stayed.
At least we had our bathing suit covers and matching sandals 
and new beach bags with us.
Oi-veh!

It was the perfect weekend,
a little too short.
I am blessed with a wonderful mom.
We have so much fun.
We laugh till we cry.
We shop till we drop.
We love the same shows.
We share the same opinions.
I think we may be a clone.
What's not to love?!


Love you, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment