The Move

Kristen has made the move.
She is now living in San Antonio, Texas.
I don't think any of us really believe it yet.

From Florida to Texas,
do you know what city we travelled through?
I can give you a clue.


Do you know what that is?

Its a beignet from The Café du Monde in New Orleans.

It was slightly off our route but we knew it was necessary.
It's been on my list of things to do for a few years now.
Totally worth the lost hour.

She & I drove out here last week to find her an apartment.
She wanted to try something out of her "norm" so she chose an amazing apartment smack dab 
in the middle of downtown 
San Antonio.

I had never been here but I love it.
It seems like Italy to me.
I've never been there either.
There is a river winding through the town like puzzle pieces.
Just about every road has gorgeous tiled stairs 
running down to the river.
Found along the river are charming shops and restaurants.
Live music, dancing and movies on the walls add to the fun.
Ducks, gondolas with singing tour guides add to the nostalgia.

She chose an apartment above The Majestic.
We are having fun decorating, furnishing and making plans.


 This little sidewalk café is just across from her apartment.

Starbucks is a few doors down.
Shopping is everywhere.

We got up Sunday morning and walked to 
The First Baptist Church of San Antonio.
The church is 150 years old and the structure is beautiful.

It is .6 miles from her apartment.
I was not hopeful with all the searching it took us to find a church home in Kansas.
Never underestimate God!
We both loved it.
The church is on the large side but several people found us 
and invited her to a class.
I tagged along and we both loved it.
The teachers even exchanged phone numbers with me 
in case I ever need them.
I don't foresee that ever happening but what if Kristen doesn't answer her phone late one night?
My mind wanders and then it turns into worry.
I feel better having someones number.
That was a huge blessing to this mothers heart.

Mark doesn't arrive with the Penske truck until this weekend.
We are so excited to get the rest of her belongings and make it her comfy little home.

This is the 3rd year in a row that a move has taken place 
in my family.
I moved the last two Fall's and now it's Kristen's turn.
Can't wait to see who moves next Fall.

I will share more updates on this new exciting chapter 
in Kristen's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment