Fourth of July (Day Two)


Happy Belated 4th of July!


You know how you plan and prepare and envision how everything will just turn out perfect.
Sometimes it does and sometimes, well... not so much.
Our 4th turned out better than I imagined.
The day began by sleeping until we woke up.
We stayed in our pajamas, drank coffee on the back porch and just enjoyed being together. 
So relaxing.
Finally, we began to load the coolers.
I pattied up some hamburgers and threw all the groceries together. 

We loaded two vehicles with bikes, kites, frisbees, coolers and plenty of patriotic decorations.
From the weather to our lake side pavilion 
at Shawnee Mission Park
it couldn't have been any more perfect.

I took my camera but it sat on the picnic table the whole day. You'll have to take my word for it,
the day was lazy wonderful. 
The park offers so many amenities. 
The beautiful lake allows for canoeing, swimming and fishing. There are several trails to hike and bike. Danielle and I got lost on our bike ride and was I relieved when we finally found our way back. Blind leading the blind but it was so fun.
Here are a few pictures I snapped before we got down and dirty in the lake.
Kacey & Abi climbing on Uncle Josh.

Look Mom! I found a stick.
Relaxing

I could kick myself for not at least taking a picture of our pavilion that we decorated with flags and lots of red, white and blue. Oh well, life will go on.

The day ended on the top of a hill and a bucket of chicken. We were able to view fireworks from 3 different towns. 
The kids slept through the whole thing. 

To end the perfect day, we came home, tucked the kids in and I whipped everyone in a game of cards.
Is my life beyond perfection or what?! 
So blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment