Dishes, Carseats & God

As I get older in my walk on this earth I find that I question things more.
I know, I know, it took me long enough.
Like for instance, I cut up an onion this morning and when I was finished,
I get the Dawn out, squirt an ample amount on the knife, grab my dish cloth, scrub the knife, rinse it, dry it and put it away.
Here's my question.
Is it really necessary to use the soap?
In all actuality, there was probably plenty of left over soap on the cloth.
Maybe it helps with the odor of the onion?
These are the things that float through Wendy's mind.

Here's another thing that annoys me.
Carseats for kids.
They expire? The get decommissioned?
Here's what I think. I think the carseat companies are saving their butts from being sued, which is a good business move. It also guarantees that they'll have more sales. I get it.
But my question is, why do people fall for it?
When do we start thinking for ourselves?

I think that I was just a gullible girl and if someone says it, well it must be true.

Here's one...
did I give my life to Jesus because I was taught to from an early age?
Yes, I think I did but I remember when I was young (9), really questioning in my mind if this is what I believed.
As I got older, I would sometimes question the very fact if there was only 1 true God.
Everyone must answer for themselves but I can tell you from personal experience,
He is truly alive and real in my life. I know it isn't the same for everyone but I sense His presence in my life. My faith is huge because I have heard from Him. Sometimes, it's through His Word, other times He speaks in my mind.
I love being outside. It's my "happy place." When I'm outside, I see Him in nature and once again, He reminds me that He is right there with me.

If you lack faith, there is a verse... "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing the Word of God."
Seek Him, & I promise you will find Him.

John 14:6 says, "...no one comes to the Father except through Jesus."
Romans 10:9 says "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."


I guess what I have learned is, don't believe everything you hear. Find the truth for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment