Stormy Days

Our family has been through some 
rough times in the past few weeks.
My sweet father-in-law went home to the Lord a few weeks ago.
We had been watching him going downhill 
since he fell last December.
I find peace knowing he is with Jesus.
He has no more pain & suffering.

Of course, I miss him like crazy and it makes 
my hope of heaven even more exciting.
This is one of my more favorite pictures of him.


He was a Baptist preacher most of his adult life.
My favorite thing about him was his love for people.
He was one of the few pastors who knew how to 
love and shepherd his church.
He loved our family.
He loved our kids and grandkids and he always 
told me he loved me.
He told me that he prayed for me before I was born.
I love that!

I got a new bedroom suite this weekend and I was thinking in my head, "I can't wait to show dad."
I don't know how long it will be before I get used to the fact that he no is longer here.

The next tough thing, which obviously doesn't compare, is
the fact that Mark is still working in Kansas.
He has been home for the last 2 weeks 
and today he flew back to KC.
I can't wait till this separation is over.
I think the older we get, the more we need to be together.
I'm no good without him.
Time Hop of FaceBook posted this pic today. 
Like they knew just what I needed.



Anyways,
my emotions have been up and down for awhile now.
All in all, 
what I mainly see is how blessed my life is.
I can't get over how God has given me the best of the best.
He is so good!

I love that in going through life's "storms,"
we can find peace because of Christ.

Hope I don't sound too depressing.

Life isn't always peaches and cream, is it?
Good thing,
I don't even like peaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment