Starbuck Dork

What is it about Starbucks that gives me warm fuzzies?

Something about that green sign just speaks to me.

Here's the deal.
I always leave the store feeling like such a dork.
Getting the names right is impossible.
What I want and what I order is seldom the same.
I do have the sizes figured out,
although, 
sometimes I say Tall 
and I am not really wanting a small.
If I think about it, I can do it though.

Then there's the skinny vs skim milk.
Do they mean the same thing?

In January,
I received a few gift cards so decided to download 
the app for more convenience.
I couldn't figure it out. 
Fortunately, when I walked in the store,
I was the only one in line so I didn't feel bad 
by asking the lady for some cyber assistance.

When I walked out with my grande ice coffee, 
a splash of whole milk, & 2 Splendas,
the line was out the door.
I could feel the glares.

Today,
I'm in the drive thru,
6 cars back. I figure I got time to RELOAD my app.
It would not work. I'm frantically pulling up to the window.
No money, no app money.
Dork!

I would have skipped it but you get free coffee 
when get to be GOLD.
The goal is GOLD baby!

The lady says,
I can add to your account.
Who knew!

It slows the drive thru line but I am ok with that.
She hands me the pen to sign.
I drop it on the ground.
I try to open my door but theres no room 
between the car and the wall.
Dork!

Here's the problem with this younger tech smart generation.
They're just too fast for me.
I can't be rushed.
I get flustered and mess everything up.
Dork!

Sometimes,
I leave Starbucks and say to myself,
"I'm never going back."
It's too humiliating.
Then I see that green sign.
Thinking about it makes me almost smell 
that freshly ground coffee.
Yes, I am a dork and I'm learning to live with it.

Lesson for the day...
try to give that car in front of you a break.



No comments:

Post a Comment