Would You Rather?

Happy Wednesday to you!

Mark & I went to the movies and saw 
God's Not Dead.
Have you seen it yet?
It wasn't the greatest film production ever
but we enjoyed it.
I think Christian film-makers are 
getting better but have a ways to go. 
They just don't have the Hollywood money.
It did have a few big names in it Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) and Dean Cain (Superman).
I am encouraged to see more faith based films in the theaters.



Other than some therapy on my shoulder and some enjoyable moments in Trader Joes,
that pretty much sums up my day.

So...
Without further ado,

Back by popular demand!
It's time for another episode of Would You Rather…
I hear your cheers.

1. Would you rather lose your hearing or your sight?

2. Paper or plastic?

3. Live at the beach or in the mountains?


1. You know, I've actually thought about this before. 

It's a tough one but if I must choose then I choose to lose my hearing. I can't fathom not seeing my family. Hard to imagine not hearing their voices or music either.
It's not funny that in my current stage of life,
I'm having trouble seeing the TV and my honey can't hear out of his right ear.  Oy-veh!

2. Paper or plastic?

I always choose paper. 
I come from a logging town where livelihoods are dependent on the need for trees to be cut and delivered to the plants.
Makes much better sense to me to use a product which is quicker to break down in our land fills. 
Why is it that the check-out clerks usually assume I want plastic?
While we are on the subject,
what's your take on reusable bags?


I think they are so cool, (well maybe not the Walmart ones) 
but for some reason I can't seem to remember them.
I have bought them because I want to be responsible and "green" and be cool. I have a pile up in my closet.
Are you supposed to take the Publix bag into Trader Joes or Walmart. That just doesn't seem cool.
I know I am ranting so I'm going on to the next question. 

3. Beach or mountains?
The beach! 
How do I love thee, let me count the ways.
Give me the sunshine.
Give me a sunrise.
Give me the sound of the waves.
Sand in my toes.
The salty air.
Pretty umbrellas.
Shells.
Dolphins.
Ships.
I could go on and on but one truth remains,
I am a beach girl, through & through.




2 comments:

  1. I want to see Heaven is for Real. It looks to be very good.
    1. That is a hard pick. I lost my hearing for a week one time, and it was so frusterating. I had to go to a friends moms funeral and I couldn't hear anything! While out shopping, I couldn't hear the people around me, it was just weird! You know you've heard it said that you can "see" more when you listen. So, I don't know, I love to hear my children's voices, I can hear how they're feeling, sometimes what you see is not the truth. Having said that, I don't know, I hope to always see and hear. I have to wear reading glasses.. but at least I can see with them. As a mom of 2 young children, I hear what I want to... haha!
    2. I pick paper. I hate walmart bags. hate!
    3. Beach with mountains a close second! I too, love the waves, the wind, the sun.. wish I was there now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not hearing either. Would I go crazy in my own head? Agree about those plastic walmart bags. I'm going to the beach in a week and can't wait. You could meet me:)

      Delete