Backyard Happenings

I realize I haven't blogged in forever.
We have been ridiculously busy and overwhelmed since Irma.
I try not to say her name. 

Because of HER, it got us to thinking about how to be better prepared,
just incase we ever have another hurricane
Let's just say "h" word.

First we decided to raise the sea wall.
Everything dominoed. 
The dock was damaged, so we dismantled part of it.

Building the sea wall higher,
required bringing in dirt.


Bringing in dirt meant new plants.
Thankfully, I had help from this missy.




That made us realize the pool deck wasn't going to work. 
We tore it down.





We built a new one.


Can you see the light at the end of that tunnel.

We chose cable fencing around the deck and pool 
which I am in love with.



We finally ordered grass.
Can you say a prayer that it'll grow?
Can't believe that I am hoping for rain.

All in all,
Mark & I love big projects.
It has been fun.

The dock still needs work but it should be soon.
Another prayer please.

We know we are so blessed and we know Who is in control.
I have this sign in my kitchen to remind me when I need reminding.





I am glad to be back at documenting our lives.
So many have switched to Instagram but I apparently have the need to talk so this works for me.
Hope you are all doing well.

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment