Camp Stewart


 Before heading back to school,
we had our grandkids for a few days .
From the moment I found out they were coming.
I had been planning an exciting adventure.

So many plans, so little time.

I began by making lists and lists of ideas, 
places to go, food to eat 
and how to make each thing special for them.  
The challenge is the boy who a non-stop,
 always running 9 year old. 
The other extreme is a Miss Priss 
who is the baby and 5, 
who loves Barbie and snuggling.
The goal...
to make every one happy.

First and foremost,
every good party must have presents.
I filled a bag for each child.
I loved watching them dig through the bags 
about a second after they arrived.


I filled the bags with snacks, game books, toothbrushes,
and toys that I thought each of them would love.
I had Danielle cut out their monograms 
for new hair supplies.


I stocked the fridge.


I stocked the pantry.


Since I do not have enough extra rooms in the house,
I made a sleeping pallet for the girls.
I bought rectangle pool floats for mattresses.
I gathered every quilt I own to make it comfy.
It was like magic.


They all slept with me.
Ha!

On day 1
we had crafts. 
We painted zombies to hang around the house.
I was thinking of the boy
when I chose zombies.
He spent more time on his skateboard.
Us girls had a good time.



We designed and painted t-shirts the next day but apparently,
I was having so much fun that I forgot to get some pictures.
Duh!

We did our hair.

Sweetest thing
our Dani is.


Elijah made me a MiMi.
He has my heart.



We took the Ferry across the river for seafood.
Dani wanted fried fish.
She ordered chicken strips.
Go figure.



Kacey designed her shirt.







Mark came up with a scavenger hunt game.
He is so good at these things.
Thank you honey.
Here he is giving the instructions.




It was a close game but in the end,
Elijah was the winner.

We had several hours of fun by the pool.


I will tell you more in another blog.
It was so fun.
The key is to plan, plan, plan.
Mark always says, 
"if you fail to plan, plan to fail."

I think over planning is a good idea.

Watch for another episode of the fun we had
at Camp Stewart.

Until I see you again,
I'm going into my cocoon to recoup.

(google images)







No comments:

Post a Comment